Family, friends and good food are the foundations of our lives. We celebrate with them, mourn with them and nothing can bring us comfort more than a steaming bowl of soup or a slice of chocolate cake except for the love of our family and friends...

Saturday, July 24, 2010

INA GARTEN'S PASTITSIO



My Pastitsio

The recipe is hers and its easy to follow; while it does take a little (lot) of prep work and time to cook it was well worth it. I had never heard of Pasitsio (Greek Lasagna) and at first when I thought I'd never make it again because it was not a quick dinner... however after tasting it I changed  my mind.

I was a little afraid when I read it had a Bechamel sauce as I did not know what this was... turns out it's white sauce... something I've been making long before I ever turned 16. It was the first sauce I learned to make at my daddy's side in the kitchen.

Rather than post the recipe, I've provided the link... please follow it and try this dish, I promise you it's wonderful!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/pastitsio-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment