Family, friends and good food are the foundations of our lives. We celebrate with them, mourn with them and nothing can bring us comfort more than a steaming bowl of soup or a slice of chocolate cake except for the love of our family and friends...

Saturday, July 17, 2010

ALABAMA CAVIAR -- TEXAS CAVIAR - BLACK-EYED PEA SALSA


Black-eyed Pea Salsa on Salad

No matter what you call it, this is a great treat. I though my momma had lost her mind when she first told me about black-eyed pea salad… it took me years to try it but when I did I fell in love with it.


2 cups black-eyed peas, cooked
3 Roma tomatoes
1/4 cup purple onion, diced
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 chopped green bell pepper
1/2 chopped yellow bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Dash of Tabasco sauce
1/4 cup cider, red wine or balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup water
Salt and pepper

Directions

1. Combine black-eyed peas, onion, peppers, tomatoes, parsley, vinegar, oil and sugar
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Marinate for 12 to 24 hours before serving.
4. Serve with tortilla chips or use as a side salad.


Alabama Caviar - Black-Eyed Pea Salsa on Foodista

No comments:

Post a Comment