Family, friends and good food are the foundations of our lives. We celebrate with them, mourn with them and nothing can bring us comfort more than a steaming bowl of soup or a slice of chocolate cake except for the love of our family and friends...

Sunday, June 13, 2010

ROSEMARY LEMONADE



Made fresh this morning... ahhhh.

Rosemary is one of my favorite herbs. I use it all the time in both my cooking and just to brighten up the kitchen and give it a wonderful smell.
When I first tried this lemonade I was hooked and asked for the recipe and recieved it. With a little tweaking I made it my own and it is a wonderful treat during the hot summer here in South Carolina.

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
Zest from 2 squeezed lemons
2 sprigs of rosemary, at least 3 inches long
Pinch salt
8 cups water

Combine sugar, one cup water, rosemary, salt, and lemon peel in a saucepan and bring to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook at least 10 minutes at medium heat to infuse flavors. Strain or pick out the rosemary and lemon peel and discard. Cool the sugar mixture. Stir it with the fresh lemon juice and the water and serve over ice. A rare treat

No comments:

Post a Comment